PHAST was commissioned by a SHA to provide support in identifying and improving the delivery of Quality Assurance to screening programmes and to make recommendations for implementing changes to facilitate this.
Acknowledging the complexity of the screening programmes this project was considered to be a diagnostic phase that would:
1. Consider the national position with regard to quality assurance of screening programmes
2. Undertake a diagnostic phase to facilitate the development of an action plan to improve the quality assurance processes for screening programmes with the SHA
3. Undertake an information gathering exercise of current commissioning and quality assurances processes for screening programmes and issues across the PCT's within the SHA area
4. Identify key issues that affect the commissioning and quality assurance of screening programmes within the SHA and constituent PCT's
5. Develop and deliver a workshop with key stakeholders to agree future actions plans.