England has one of the highest rates of obesity in Europe. In response to this the Government has set a new ambition to achieve a sustained downward trend in the level of excess weight in children and adults by 2020 through a range of new approaches to tackle obesity. These include securing the services we need to help us to tackle excess weight, which should be commissioned and provided in the context of obesity care pathways.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will:
- Learn and be guided through a systematic process of developing, implementing and evaluating an obesity care pathway
- Understand how to ensure the pathways are evidenced based and focused on local need
- Work through practical exercises and templates in an interactive format
- Review best practice case studies from local areas which will give participants the knowledge to prevent common pitfalls and identify areas of success
- Have the opportunity to apply the learning to pathways on adult, child and maternal obesity that participants are developing in their local areas.
This course is aimed at:
Anyone involved with developing, reviewing or commissioning weight management services and obesity care pathways e.g. Public Health Professionals, Staff from Local Authorities, Acute Trusts, GPs.
If you would like any further information please contact Marion Deacon on email@example.com
Please register your interest to attend this course at this time – available dates to be advised shortly.
NOTE – PRICE INCLUDES VAT