Further to the development of the Public Health Skills and Career Framework, (more information available from PHRU, which describes the skill and knowledge needed within the public health workforce, these Interactive Learning modules have been developed in response to the strongly expressed need for a mechanism that facilitates collaboration and coherence across this diverse workforce, in order to maximise their collective contribution and underpin the influence of public health in the UK.
The public health skills and career framework provides this by helping to ensure rigour and consistency of skills, competence and knowledge at all levels, regardless of professional background, and through enabling flexible public health career progression. PHAST wishes to offer the opportunity for the public health workforce to attend five interactive learning modules that make up the component part of the skills identified: · Leadership and Management · Policy and Strategy Development · Collaborative Working · Prioritisation and Performance Management · Getting the Message Across
This series of workshops meets all aspects of the CMO’s 3 tiered approach and is aimed at Wider public health, Community public health, Public Health Specialists, GP’s, Practice Workers and Commissioning Managers.
This interactive series of workshops consists of discussions, group work and individual exercises. Participants will work through case studies and scenarios and discuss how these can be applied to their everyday working practice. Downloadable workbooks are also available to enable participants to continue their development after the workshop.
These workshops form a series of five interactive learning modules that make up the component part of the skills identified. While each workshop can be taken on its own, it is recommended that all five workshops are undertaken.
Public Health Professionals work in an often complex and fast changing environment yet they are expected to be both effective leaders and managers, and implementers of change. They need to be able to attract willing followers, manage often remote/virtual teams and deliver change working with key stakeholders. All these requirements are covered in this powerful and practical one day course
In an interactive learning environment delegates will:
- Understand the different models/styles and principles of leadership, the strengths and weaknesses of each, when they should be used and their potential use in improving population health and wellbeing
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Understand the concepts of team building and the different skills brought by different members of the team
- Understand different management principles and skills and their application.
- Understand and be able to put into practice management models and theories associated with motivation and leadership
- Be able to identify and understand the frameworks and tools that support management of change
- Be aware of the drivers and levers of change.
If you would like any further information please contact Marion Deacon on firstname.lastname@example.org
Course delivered by: Jeremy Francis
NOTE – PRICE INCLUDES VAT