Who is it for?
This course is designed for experienced report writers who are required to write complex reports and are looking to produce more effective documents to ensure they are read, understood and acted upon by decision makers within or outside the organisation. It is designed to be highly interactive and give delegates a chance to review issues relating to reports they are currently producing and there will be the opportunity to have one-to-one sessions.
What is it about?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to communicate information clearly through this medium in order to influence decision making and if appropriate to sell ideas or innovations. Delegates will be able to increase the impact of their existing style, knowledge of format use and styles ensuring all reports are read, understood and acted upon by the intended audience.
- A thorough understanding of the report brief and its role in the process
- The ability to define precise communication objectives in relation to the intended audience
- Knowledge of the appropriate scope and depth for a report and each of its elements
- An appreciation of the importance of prioritising and structuring information
- A clear understanding of how to structure arguments effectively and persuasively
- How to write clearly to achieve the objectives of the report and the desired outcomes
If you would like any further information please contact Marion Deacon