A course for public health trainees and other non-financial staff to develop their understanding and use of financial management practices and techniques in the workplace covering:
- constructing and managing budgets, forecasting & reporting;
- costing services and understanding margins;
- using financial information to inform strategic decision-making;
- understanding the basics of organisations financial statements;
- why financial planning needs to be a continuous process aligned with business planning;
- importance of good financial control and governance, and basics of accounting.
Course supported with an overview of public finances and pre-course material and sharing of experiences from across sectors to aid understanding and application of knowledge.
A few comments from previous courses:
‘A great training course, well presented – very good and knowledgeable trainer’
‘Really useful and insightful session – I’ve learnt a lot that I will take into practice’
‘Very relevant exercises – practical and engaging’
‘Brought to life not just theoretical – great examples’